I have already had two successful careers. I started off working in the city in recruitment and helped open up new offices in New York and Europe the money was brilliant but I was unfulfilled and the champagne lifestyle didn’t make me happy. So I moved into education and quickly moved up the ladder before completing a fast track leadership program to become a Head teacher. So those business dreams were pushed to the back of my mind, and I always told myself that maybe one day, I’d make them happen.
AS I LOOKED AROUND ME I realised I didn’t want to climb the ladder
I knew that becoming a Headteacher wasn’t my career path and I wanted to do something different, something for me where I could lead on my terms. I was coasting, and merely getting through the days and weeks.
My wake up call was having a family, my career just didn’t work around them so it forced me to make a change.
Some people might say that starting a business when you’re pregnant is a crazy idea, but for me, it was the kick up the bum that I needed. Even if there were times that I did think that they might be right.
I got a coach, and working with her made me admit to myself that she was doing exactly what I wanted to do. That seed that was planted all those years ago, those courses I had done were because this was my passion.
I set up my business whilst pregnant, working full time, and with my toddler in tow. It was bloody hard – I was speaking to clients during weekends and evenings, and initially did everything myself.
I learnt a lot. I learnt what to outsource and how to give myself time every day. I learnt to have really clear boundaries and I learnt that this was my passion and that I was energised by my clients’ success.
Most of all though? I learnt that it’s my mission to help other women to create their dream businesses and lives, and how privileged I am to be part of their success.
Why work with me?
- I’ve successfully transitioned out of full-time employment and built my own business (I now earn more working three days a week than I did working five! and have a 6 figure business where I have multiple 5 figure months)
- I have had a number of business ventures (and some failures so I know what not to do!)
- I have spent over a decade teaching people how to set up businesses and have mentored many successful small businesses
- I have a holistic approach to coaching as I have studied Psychology for the last 20 years and have a MA in Psychology and a BA in Psychology & Management Studies. I help you look at what you really want by delving into the processes behind your decision.
- I have over 15 years of leadership experience in the public and private sectors – I understand about managing people, developing people and building capacity as well as operations, finance, strategy and planning
- I am committed to my personal development, I have studied numerous coaching qualifications including a Post Graduate Certificate in Coaching, Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching, Diploma in Small Business Coaching & Diploma in NLP
- I have over 15 years coaching experience and have coached across industries plus people at all levels
- I have coached more than 250 private and small business clients and have more than 2000 coaching hours – I have confidence from experience (and results)
- I have completed group and online programs from Brendon Burchard, Marie Forleo, Emily Williams, Stephanie Nikolich, Taki Moore and Amy Porterfield – and I will keep on learning to be the best coach I possibly can!
- I always invest in coaching and coaching supervision, I am signed up to a high-level mastermind in 2018
- I have two young kids so I appreciate what it is like to feel stretched or not have time
- PLUS I have my brilliant husband on my team who has over 20 years marketing and advertising experience and is now a digital marketing and strategy expert
CURIOUS TO KNOW IF WE WOULD GET ON IN LIFE AS WELL AS BUSINESS?
Coaching is a serious commitment and we need to gel on all levels to accomplish our best work! here are a few fun facts about me so we can get to know each other better I’m a globe-trotter and love travel, I have travelled extensively and lived in Australia, New York and on a Malaysian island for 6 months. This year I have been to Barcelona, Ibiza, Amsterdam and Greece, I am off to Florida, Rome and California this Autumn.
I’m a qualified dive master and love nothing more than being in the underwater world, it is so peaceful and magical and I find it really relaxing. I even spent 6 months living on an island in Malaysia when I was younger.
I have run two marathons. I love yoga, exercise, and meditation – this is how I maintain my sanity. It is through exercise and yoga that I am able to truly focus on myself and I find them both energising.
I enjoy fashion and am pretty much obsessed with Whistles, I have a bit of a “thing” for their dresses and I probably do have too many! I love Sophia Webster shoes so much my second daughter is called Sophia!
I love unwinding with a glass or two of prosecco with my girlfriends and putting the world to rights.
At 35 my life completely changed when I met my partner. We had our first daughter a year later, and our second daughter within another two years. We are now married and this marks a truly remarkable 4 years.
Now I’m ready for entirely new adventures working with you to get you to where you want to be.
“I can say hand on heart that working with Ruth has helped turned my hopes into reality. I am launching a freelance graphic design, illustration and production business. Since working with Ruth I have gone from feeling overwhelmed and held back by fear of failure to successfully starting my business, feeling confident and most importantly finding paying clients! She has helped me; Recognize and resolve my irrational fears, Create a positive mindset, Find hidden depths of self-belief, Get organized and accountable, Structure my business plan, Plan my marketing and social media campaign and much more. We have regular phone meetings that really help me structure my plans for successfully achieving my business milestones and maintaining positive mindset.”
JULIE THOMPSONJULIES GRAPHICS
“I only wish I had found Ruth sooner!
She has helped me understand what’s needed to set up and run a business, improve my confidence immensely and make some huge positive shifts in my mindset.
This work allowed me to set up much-needed structure in my business (and personal) objectives, finances and strategy, and led me to my biggest win so far: I doubled my goal and acquired 4 wonderful ideal clients within a few weeks – 100% conversion from discovery calls – without paying for any advertising.”
KELLY CAMPINO BRADFORDCOACH
“I have now set up my own business, working around my children and surpassing my business plan expectations in the first 3 months. It has been a huge amount of work but I am thankful for the sessions with Ruth and truly believed without her coaching and business experience I would not have made the leap and been as confident in my own ability.”
KATHY SHAWYERBUSY LIZZY, HERTS
“The biggest impact of working with Ruth is she has helped me feel a real sense of direction and purpose, helped me feel in control and reignite my motivation for success. Most of all she has helped me believe in me. I’m feeling more confident about my ability as a businesswoman – I’ve still got a way to go with my plan but I am achieving it and feel I am making progress.
My mindset is also greatly enhanced – I am more relaxed, have a new inner calm, greater self-confidence and I am determined to achieve my success goals.
I’ve really valued having Ruth walk alongside me on my coaching journey with her pragmatic, informed, honest, funny and warm style.”