Hi, I'm Ruth and I am a qualified Success coach (I have done a lot of study!) for professional women who want to start up and develop their own businesses.
Are you harbouring a desire to start a business that will give you the flexibility and freedom you desire to live the life of your dreams?
Has the job that you once loved lost its sparkle since you started a family?
Are you tentatively checking out your options, playing with the figures, and wondering whether your business dream is something that you can REALLY bring into reality –- or if it’s just a nice idea that could never really work?
I had those dreams too. I did those sums. I spent sleepless nights swinging between excitement and fear and talking myself in and out of walking away from my established career and building something of my own, for me and my family.
And I’ve come out the other end with a successful business that gives me the freedom to earn good money, freedom to travel and freedom to do things on my terms plus more financial rewards than I could ever have hoped for (hello 5 figure months and 6 figure business ! who said that you needed the safe career to be successful?)
I can help you do the same.
I’d always been involved in businesses and started my first venture at 15. I have had various businesses including: events, blogging, developing an app, property and a tutoring agency and I studied Business at degree and postgraduate level. But, I never really found my passion and I lacked confidence to make the move full time.
I started off working in the city before moving into education and was on the fast track to become a headteacher. So those business dreams were pushed to the back of my mind, and I always told myself that maybe one day, I’d make them happen.
AS I LOOKED AROUND ME i realised i didn't want to climb the ladder
I realised that becoming a Headteacher wasn't my career path and I wanted to do something different something for me where I could lead on my terms. I was coasting, and merely getting through the days and weeks.
My wake up call was having a family, my career just didn't work around them so it forced me to make a change.
Some people might say that starting a business when you’re pregnant is a crazy idea, but for me, it was the kick up the bum that I needed. Even if there were times that I did think that they might be right.
I got a coach, and working with her made me admit to myself that she was doing exactly what I wanted to do. That seed that was planted all those years ago, those courses I had done were because this was my passion.
I set up my business whilst pregnant, working full time, and with my toddler in tow. It was bloody hard - I was speaking to clients during weekends and evenings, and initially did everything myself.
I learnt a lot. I learnt what to outsource and how to give myself time every day. I learnt to have really clear boundaries and I learnt that this was my passion and that I was energised by my clients’ success.
Most of all though? I learnt that it’s my mission to help other women to create their dream businesses and lives, and how privileged I am to be part of their success.
Why work with me?
- I've successfully transitioned out of full-time employment and built my own business(I now earn more working three days a week than I did working five! and have a 6 figure business)
- I have over a decade of leadership experience and have been managing teams since I was 24 - I know about people development!
- I've tested my success model opening several thriving businesses
- I have a holistic approach to coaching as I have studied Psychology for the last 20 years and have a MA in Psychology and a BA in Psychology & Management Studies. I help you look at what you really want by delving into the processes behind your decision.
- I am committed to my personal development, I have numerous coaching qualifications including a Post Graduate certificate in Coaching, Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching, Diploma in Small Business Coaching, Diploma in NLP AND I am enrolled on a PhD in Coaching
- I have over 8 years coaching experience and have coached across industries plus people at all levels
- I have coached more than 100 private and small business clients and have more than 1000 coaching hours - I have confidence from experience (and results)
- I am ICF accredited and an ICF member
- I have completed group and online programs from Brendon Burchard, Emily Williams, Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield - and I will keep on learning to be the best coach I possibly can!
- I have two young kids so I appreciate what it is like to feel stretched or not have time
CURIOUS TO KNOW IF WE WOULD GET ON IN LIFE AS WELL AS BUSINESS?
Coaching is a serious commitment and we need to gel on all levels to accomplish our best work! here are a few fun facts about me so we can get to know each other better
I’m a globe-trotter and love travel, I have travelled extensively and lived in Australia, New York and on a Malaysian island for 6 months. This year we are off to California, Barcelona, Ibiza, Rome, Amsterdam and Greece.
I’m a qualified dive master and love nothing more than being in the underwater world, it is so peaceful and magical and I find it really relaxing. I even spent 6 months living on an island in Malaysia when I was younger.
I have run two marathons. I love yoga, exercise, and meditation - this is how I maintain my sanity. It is through exercise and yoga that I am able to truly focus on myself and I find them both energising.
I enjoy fashion and am pretty much obsessed with Whistles, I have a bit of a "thing" for their dresses and I probably do have too many! I love Sophia Webster shoes so much my second daughter is called Sophia!
I love unwinding with a glass or two of prosecco with my girlfriends and putting the world to rights.
At 35 my life completely changed when I met my partner. We had our first daughter a year later, and our second daughter within another two years. We are now married and this marks a truly remarkable 4 years.