I have already had two successful careers. I started off working in the city in recruitment and helped open up new offices in New York and Europe the money was brilliant but I was unfulfilled and the champagne lifestyle didn’t make me happy. So I moved into education and quickly moved up the ladder before completing a fast track leadership program to become a Head teacher. So those business dreams were pushed to the back of my mind, and I always told myself that maybe one day, I’d make them happen.
AS I LOOKED AROUND ME I realised I didn’t want to climb the ladder
I knew that becoming a Headteacher wasn’t my career path and I wanted to do something different, something for me where I could lead on my terms. I was coasting, and merely getting through the days and weeks.
My wake up call was having a family, my career just didn’t work around them so it forced me to make a change.
Some people might say that starting a business when you’re pregnant is a crazy idea, but for me, it was the kick up the bum that I needed. Even if there were times that I did think that they might be right.
I got a coach, and working with her made me admit to myself that she was doing exactly what I wanted to do. That seed that was planted all those years ago, those courses I had done were because this was my passion.
I set up my business whilst pregnant, working full time, and with my toddler in tow. It was bloody hard – I was speaking to clients during weekends and evenings, and initially did everything myself.
I learnt a lot. I learnt what to outsource and how to give myself time every day. I learnt to have really clear boundaries and I learnt that this was my passion and that I was energised by my clients’ success.
Most of all though? I learnt that it’s my mission to help other women to create their dream businesses and lives, and how privileged I am to be part of their success.
Why work with me?
- I’ve successfully transitioned out of full-time employment and built my own business (I now earn more working three days a week than I did working five! and have a 6 figure business)
- I have had a number of business ventures (and some failures so I know what not to do!)
- I have spent over a decade teaching people how to set up businesses and have mentored many successful small businesses
- I have a holistic approach to coaching as I have studied Psychology for the last 20 years and have a MA in Psychology and a BA in Psychology & Management Studies. I help you look at what you really want by delving into the processes behind your decision.
- I have over 15 years of leadership experience in the public and private sectors – I understand about managing people, developing people and building capacity as well as operations, finance, strategy and planning
- I am committed to my personal development, I have numerous coaching qualifications including a Post Graduate Certificate in Coaching, Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching, Diploma in Small Business Coaching & Diploma in NLP
- I have over 15 years coaching experience and have coached across industries plus people at all levels
- I have coached more than 100 private and small business clients and have more than 2000 coaching hours – I have confidence from experience (and results)
- I have completed group and online programs from Brendon Burchard, Marie Forleo, Emily Williams, Stephanie Nikolich, Taki Moore and Amy Porterfield – and I will keep on learning to be the best coach I possibly can!
- I always invest in coaching – at the moment I work with Noor Hibbert and Angela Dunbar for coaching supervision.
- I have two young kids so I appreciate what it is like to feel stretched or not have time
- PLUS I have my brilliant husband on my team who has over 20 years marketing and advertising experience and is now a digital marketing and strategy expert
CURIOUS TO KNOW IF WE WOULD GET ON IN LIFE AS WELL AS BUSINESS?
Coaching is a serious commitment and we need to gel on all levels to accomplish our best work! here are a few fun facts about me so we can get to know each other better I’m a globe-trotter and love travel, I have travelled extensively and lived in Australia, New York and on a Malaysian island for 6 months. This year I have been to Barcelona, Ibiza, Amsterdam and Greece, I am off to Florida, Rome and California this Autumn.
I’m a qualified dive master and love nothing more than being in the underwater world, it is so peaceful and magical and I find it really relaxing. I even spent 6 months living on an island in Malaysia when I was younger.
I have run two marathons. I love yoga, exercise, and meditation – this is how I maintain my sanity. It is through exercise and yoga that I am able to truly focus on myself and I find them both energising.
I enjoy fashion and am pretty much obsessed with Whistles, I have a bit of a “thing” for their dresses and I probably do have too many! I love Sophia Webster shoes so much my second daughter is called Sophia!
I love unwinding with a glass or two of prosecco with my girlfriends and putting the world to rights.
At 35 my life completely changed when I met my partner. We had our first daughter a year later, and our second daughter within another two years. We are now married and this marks a truly remarkable 4 years.
Now I’m ready for entirely new adventures working with you to get you to where you want to be.
“I joined the programme to get a better understanding of launching a new business and making it successful. I have learnt a massive amount of practical things (I now know what a sales funnel is for example!) but what has really made the difference to me, has been the weekly group coaching calls.
Speaking every week has made me accountable and has definitely pushed things forward quicker than if I had been doing this alone. Taking the course has been such a positive experience for me, and I would encourage anyone who is setting up their own business, or who might be in the future, to take it – trust me – you won’t regret it. I have a background in TV production and am currently launching my new business as a TV and Media Coach; helping people navigate the freelance world, progress in their careers, and achieve a work/life balance in industries that are notoriously hard to do so.”
“I can say hand on heart that working with Ruth has helped turned my hopes into reality. I am launching a freelance graphic design, illustration and production business. Since working with Ruth I have gone from feeling overwhelmed and held back by fear of failure to successfully starting my business, feeling confident and most importantly finding paying clients! She has helped me; Recognize and resolve my irrational fears, Create a positive mindset, Find hidden depths of self-belief, Get organized and accountable, Structure my business plan, Plan my marketing and social media campaign and much more. We have regular phone meetings that really help me structure my plans for successfully achieving my business milestones and maintaining positive mindset.”
JULIE THOMPSONJULIES GRAPHICS
“I can warmly recommend Ruth’s coaching sessions to any start-up business owners, as well as to more established leaders. Her approach is friendly, encouraging and stimulating. Ruth is particularly skilled in targeting the core of any issues preventing a business from blooming. She will guide you to analyse, reflect and find strategies of your own. What’s even more valuable, you will learn how to do this by yourself and become independent in your journey. Sense of achievement is probably the greatest reward for a business owner and an ideal basis to keep progressing. I believe Ruth’s coaching is a gateway to achievement and progress.”
ARIANNA WILLOWNER EOS DANCE
““Ruth has really helped me crystallise why I started my business, something that’s pretty crucial right now as I am at the stage where the euphoria of setting up on my own has subsided and reality is starting to set in. She has also helped me structure and focus my decisionmaking, which has undoubtedly contributed to an increase in my client base. She has definitely been a worthwhile investment. I am looking forward to my further sessions with Ruth and using her support and guidance to help continue to grow my business.” ”
TANYA GAFFONMARKETING CONSULTANT, DISTINCTIV
“When I started working with Ruth I had just been made redundant whilst on maternity leave and didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do when i eventually went back to work. Ruth helped me focus on my skills and passions enabling me to make a decision that I wouldn’t have been able to make on my own. She also made me realise that as a new mum ( and eventually a working mum) I needed to make time for myself… however small!! I now have the drive to totally change my career and the confidence to ensure that I can do this! Thank you so much for the coaching, each session made me think about me and how I can change to make my life what I want for both myself and my family”