Interview with a career change mum – Sonya WrightJune 7, 2017
Today I interview Sonya, the founder of Spectrum Business Solutions.
Sonja has a deep passion and belief in delivering the ultimate service to customers, combined with the ability to identify improvements and streamline processes, she can help businesses deliver the ultimate customer experience.
1) What gave you the idea to start up your business?
Initially for a better work life balance. I wanted to leverage the skills that I have acquired over the last 20yrs, I have the genuine desire to help people improve their business.
2) What did you do to prepare to start up your business?
Research the market to see who my competitors would be, speak to friends and family for advice, build a website, study to get an accreditation in Education and Training to build my portfolio, and speak to professionals on consultancy start up.
3) Which aspects of your business did you need help with? Where did you get that help?
Website content; with our world based online, and knowing the statistics being in customer services on how important first impressions are, this was vital, so I emailed the link to website to several friends for feedback and comments.
4) Describe what your business does and who you target it at / your ideal client
I help businesses increase their revenue by improving their Customer Service offering; I can achieve this through benchmark their offering, reviewing their internal processes, making recommendations, implementing recommendations, training and mentoring.
I offer an initial consultation to gain a better insight to their requirements, and tailor my services to match the individual business need.
As every business has a customer, be it internal / external, large or small, my services are not restricted to any business sector or size; the principles are the same.
5) What is the most rewarding thing about having your own business?
Spending more time with the children and knowing I have made a difference.
6) What has been the biggest challenge?
Sales and marketing, finding the clients.
7) If you could go back and give yourself some advice what would it be?
Believe in yourself.
To find out more about Spectrum Business Solutions click here: